Sunday, January 30, 2011

I CAN'T STOP BELIEVING!!!!

I woke up this morning which happens to be Saturday January 29th, just five weeks until training camp! Scottsdale woohoo! Parched dry air of Arizona where the authorities may just toss our beloved Kung-Fu Panda Sandoval back to Venezuela, what a terrible thought. I also watched the Day in the Life: Tim Lincecum, which turned out better than I thought it would. Lincecum isn't as personable as Wilson so we don't always get to see our Big Time Timmy Jim! His house was SICK, panaramic views of Puget Sound and the Space Needle! The topic I am concerned about is the adjusting roles of both Rowand and Zito. First, Zito should have the fifth spot on lockdown but what if we allowed Runzler or an even edgier thought Romo to fight with Zito for the spot and the conselation would be the long reliever. The decision would have to be made at the beginning of the season because Zito is crazy and would totally flip out about being put back in the bullpen, but I suggest he embelish the thought of being a strong, long reliever. Ideally after his contract is over he is looking at a substantial salary decrease from the astronomical eight digits he is recieving now. So I challenge Zito to fight to keep the fifth spot, or relish in a simplier yet important job behind young and unproven arms like Bumgarner and Sanchez. And Rowand, who could finally pay off! I would love to see Rowand do well, but I have never embraced the guy as a Giant. I always relate the signing of Rowand to getting that guy who broke his nose making that cool catch in Philly. Now after a few seasons of sub-par offensive years I understand what Rowand is. Rowand is an excellent defensive backup to Torres, much the way I thought of Cody Ross the first few weeks after we signed him. Rowand has the experience to put numbers up this year but he must work on that long slow swing with gaping holes! Rowand please be worth the almost 13 million that we will be paying you! Wow... first blog in a while. It felt good. -Troy

1 comment:

  1. Troy, I'm not going to lie. I didn't really understand a word of this. So, I guess all I can say is....Go Team Go? (And I'm glad you're writing again.)

    ReplyDelete